Welcome panelist! As a potential participant in Ohayocon, make yourself familiar with all of our policies and procedures. You will be held to these policies upon submission of this application. It is your responsibility to review all these materials. The most key policies for you have been posted here:
We enforce the following:
- You must be 18 years or older as of the Thursday before Ohayocon starts. This includes all members of your party, not just the person who completes the application. For the 2018 convention, that means Jan. 25, 2018.
- Panels are rated either All Ages or 18+. Adult content includes excessive violence, sex and nudity, and vulgar language.
- We do not allow these types of events: Ask-a-Character panels, speed dating or speed friending events, burlesque or live erotic dance performances, maid or butler cafés, religious events, and shipping panels.
- You may not bully attendees or use hateful or discriminatory speech.
- You may not apply makeup to, perform physical actions upon, or otherwise touch an attendee. You must use your own registered panelists for any sort of demonstration.
- Food and drink may be given away to attendees as part of an event, but it must be pre-packaged. Homemade food and open container drinks may not be given away. Food/drink must be gifts and may not be sold.
- As a panelist, you qualify for a comped badge. Preferred panelists will perform at least three panels, but any number of panels might be approved to qualify. You must be a registered panelist, be registered as a host of your specific events, check in at the required times, perform your events, and adhere to all the rules. You may register up to four panelists per event.
- We will approve panels by December 1st with a prelim schedule shortly to follow.
- Sometimes, for whatever reason, we have to make last-minute adjustments to the schedule. While we try as hard as we can to plan ahead and avoid these, it is impossible to completely assure you that your panel will be where or when it is originally scheduled. If we have to cancel your event after we approved it, we will wait-list it, and you will still receive your comped badge. We thank you for your patience.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Panel submissions are now closed for Ohayocon 2018.
Panel acceptance/denial emails will be sent to all applicants by December 1st.