Welcome panelist! As a potential participant in Ohayocon, make yourself familiar with all of our policies and procedures. You will be held to these policies upon submission of this application. It is your responsibility to review all these materials. The most key policies for you have been posted here:
We enforce the following:
- You must be 18 years or older as of the Thursday before Ohayocon starts. This includes all members of your party, not just the person who completes the application.
- Panels are rated either All Ages, 15+, or 18+. Adult content includes excessive violence, sex and nudity, and vulgar language. 15+ is a soft rating and is not regulated via ID; it is a category to capture subjects and commentary not vulgar, but not quite safe enough for young children.
- We do not allow these types of events: Ask-a-Character panels, speed dating or speed friending events, burlesque or live erotic dance performances, maid or butler cafés, religious events, and shipping panels.
- You may not bully attendees or use hateful or discriminatory speech.
- You may not apply makeup to, perform physical actions upon, or otherwise touch an attendee. You must use your own registered panelists for any sort of demonstration.
- Food and drink may be given away to attendees as part of an event, but it must be pre-packaged. Homemade food and open container drinks may not be given away. Food/drink must be gifts and may not be sold.
- Compensation for 2019 has updated! Up to three panelists per group can qualify for a sliding-scale reimbursement after their last panel is performed at the con. For one approved panel: $20 off the weekend badge price; For two approved panels: $40 off the weekend badge and; For three or more panels: a full $65 weekend badge is granted. You must purchase and pick up your badge from Registration first, then after your last panel is over you can come in person to Con Ops for reimbursement.
- We will approve panels and send notification by November 23rd with a prelim schedule shortly to follow.
- Sometimes, for whatever reason, we have to make last-minute adjustments to the schedule. While we try as hard as we can to plan ahead and avoid these, it is impossible to completely assure you that your panel will be where or when it is originally scheduled. If we have to cancel your event after we approved it, we will wait-list it, and you will still receive your comped badge. We thank you for your patience.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Panel submissions for Ohayocon 2019 close October 31st. Confirmation emails are sent to all applicants no later than November 23rd.