Currently I can tell you…
- Wristbands are mandated by our spaces, this includes the Hyatt and the Greater Columbus Convention Center. We don’t really have a say on whether or not we can use them.
- If you’re staying at the Hyatt you may need an additional wristband to enter the sleeping area.
- If you damage your wristband you can come to registration and we can replace your wristband free of charge!
More information is coming soon, please stay tuned!
Artists: The application period is over, but we look forward to hearing from you next year!
We do not permit you to sell photographs, raw or edited, at or during Ohayocon. You risk forfeiting your admission if you do so. After the convention and off-premises, we do not care as long as you are not using our branding or image and you are not telling people that your photos are “official” or that you work(ed) for Ohayocon.
We prohibit you from setting up photo booths unless you have an agreement with us in advance, and we will likely refer you to our Dealers Room staff so you can negotiate purchasing vendor space. At-con photography is generally not considered for Artist Alley. If you have any questions about our policy, please send us an email.
- there have been fewer than 20 forum users in the last three years,
- most questions are now submitted to us via email or Facebook message,
- we do not check the forums often enough for it to be a positive customer service experience,
- we have been the victim to hundreds of spam posts by spam bots,
- forums on WordPress are historically bad, and the creator of bbPress has seriously argued with users and contributors that his software is perfect and needs no further adjustments, and people who want anything better should do it themselves, so we are.
There are multiple ways of contacting us, and we think they’re all much more popular than old-fashioned forums.
Finally, we are playing with the idea of program-based online focus groups. For example, if you want to network with cosplayers and also advise us about cosplay at Ohayocon, we’d have a Facebook group for that, etc. It’s a thought experiment for now, but some of us are pushing for it to happen.