Join the party
Want to be part of the magic? You’re in the right place. Even if you’ve never volunteered for a convention before, we have a place for you: the Kohai Program.
The word “kohai” is sort of like “underclassman” in Japanese, and our volunteers at this level learn the ropes of staffing an anime con before stepping up to full-time. Kohai are the runners and assistants at Ohayocon. Ready to get started? Applications will be available later this year.
Now, if you think you have the skill and experience to skip the Kohai Program, you can check out the staff page.
- be at least 14 years old
- be able to arrange transportation to and from Ohayocon
- have a parent or guardian sign a liability waiver if you are a minor
- (Please note that minors are limited to 8 hours per day, with a break after 4 hours, and cannot work past 11 p.m.)
Good qualities to have:
- humility, warmth, optimism, and an aspiration to mastery
- an open mind ready for instruction and guidance
- critical thinking skill to solve problems
- a level head under pressure
- reimbursement of your badge:
- one-day badge: after 8 hours
- weekend badge: after 24 hours
- an Ohayocon T-shirt after 8 hours
Sound good? Applications will be available later this year.