Admission & Registration
- When does pre-registration open?
- I’m underage, I don’t have an ID, my parents won’t be with me, and I preregistered. How can I pick up my badge?
- Do I have to pick up my badge on Friday? Can I do it on a different day?
- What if I prefer a different name than what’s on my ID?
- I didn’t get an email confirmation. How do I pick up my pre-registered badge?
- I don’t remember whether I preregistered. How can I check?
- Is there a group discount?
- What is your refund policy?
- How do I get a media pass?
- I submitted an application for something: when will you respond?
- When can I apply for Dealers Room or Artist Alley space?
- Do you accept submissions for maid cafes?
Costumes & Photos
- Can I wear this?
- Can I take photographs? Can I sell them? Can I set up a photo booth?
- Can I take official photos and give (or sell) them to you after the convention?
Costumes & Photos
We do not permit you to sell photographs, raw or edited, at or during Ohayocon. You risk forfeiting your admission if you do so. After the convention and off-premises, we do not care as long as you are not using our branding or image and you are not telling people that your photos are “official” or that you work(ed) for Ohayocon.
We prohibit you from setting up photo booths unless you have an agreement with us in advance, and we will likely refer you to our Dealers Room staff so you can negotiate purchasing vendor space. At-con photography is generally not considered for Artist Alley. If you have any questions about our policy, please send us an email. (Return to questions)
- there have been fewer than 20 forum users in the last three years,
- most questions are now submitted to us via email or Facebook message,
- we do not check the forums often enough for it to be a positive customer service experience,
- we have been the victim to hundreds of spam posts by spam bots,
- forums on WordPress are historically bad, and the creator of bbPress has seriously argued with users and contributors that his software is perfect and needs no further adjustments, and people who want anything better should do it themselves, so we are.
There are multiple ways of contacting us, and we think they’re all much more popular than old-fashioned forums. They are:
- our contact form,
- our Twitter feed,
- our Facebook page, and
- our attendee chat service on Discord (better service Nov.–Jan.).