Extremely Frequently Asked Questions
Please email us about these topics only if your question is not answered on this page. Thank you!
- When can I apply for Dealers Room or Artist Alley space?
- I lost something. Is there a lost and found? How can I find my stuff?
- Can I bring this prop, toy gun, or accessory?
- Does Ohayocon have room blocks at other hotels than the Hyatt?
- When does pre-registration open?
- How do I change my pre-registered badge information?
- How do I transfer my badge to another person?
- I don’t remember whether I preregistered. How can I check?
Admission & Registration
- Do I have to pick up my badge on Friday? Can I do it on a different day?
- Why do you only accept cash at the door?
- What if I prefer a different name than what’s on my ID?
- Is there a group discount?
- What are your refund and transfer policies?
- How do I get a media pass?
- I won a free badge. How do I get it?
- I submitted an application for something: when will you respond?
- Do you accept submissions for maid cafes?
- Why do you say an application will be available in “Summer” or “Fall?” Why can’t you give me an exact date?
Costumes & Photos
- Can I wear this?
- Can I take photographs? Can I sell them? Can I set up a photo booth?
- Can I take official photos and give (or sell) them to you after the convention?
- This webpage is out of date. Can you please update your website?
- Can I bring my service animal, support animal, or pet?
- I or someone I know needs an accommodation for accessibility. Can Ohayocon help?
- My birthday is on such and such day; when can I get into age-restricted events?
- I’m supervising my underage child. Why are they still not allowed into age-restricted events?
- May I suggest a guest speaker or appearance?
Artists: The Ohayocon 22 Artist Alley application was due Aug. 30, 2021. Unfortunately, we also have a long waitlist of applicants who submitted by the deadline. We encourage you to apply next summer. For more information, visit the Artist Alley page.
(Return to questions)
Costumes & Photos
(In case you’re wondering, any kind of clothing depicting imagery that is pornographic in nature is strictly prohibited, and we will hold you accountable according to our harassment policy.) (Return to questions)
We do not permit you to sell photographs, raw or edited, at or during Ohayocon. You risk forfeiting your admission if you do so. After the convention and off-premises, we do not care as long as you are not using our branding or image and you are not telling people that your photos are “official” or that you work(ed) for Ohayocon. You are permitted to make appointments in advance and charge for your service as long as the actual payment occurs off-premises and not during Ohayocon.
We prohibit you from setting up photo booths unless you have an agreement with us in advance, and we will likely refer you to our Dealers Room staff so you can negotiate purchasing vendor space. At-con photography is generally not considered for Artist Alley. If you have any questions about our policy, please send us an email.
- After the convention: we give all of our lost and found items to the Hyatt front desk. At this point, the Hyatt treats the items according to their own policies and procedures. You can call the Hyatt Regency Columbus front desk at 614-463-1234.
- During the convention: if someone finds something, we ask them to take it to the Ohayocon public safety office. In 2020, that was the Clark Room. It may be a different room this year (check your map). We store all lost and found belongings until the end of the convention, at which point we turn them over to the Hyatt front desk.
Unfortunately, emailing us is an ineffective way of finding your lost belongings, because all our customer service team can do is wish you luck and instruct you to either visit the Clark Room or call the Hyatt front desk. (Return to questions)