Extremely Frequently Asked Questions
Please email us about these topics only if your question is not answered on this page. Thank you!
- I lost something. Is there a lost and found? How can I find my stuff?
- Can I bring this prop, toy gun, or BDSM article?
- Does Ohayocon have room blocks at other hotels than the Hyatt?
- When does pre-registration open?
- How do I change my pre-registered badge information?
- How do I transfer my badge to another person?
- I don’t remember whether I preregistered. How can I check?
Admission & Registration
- Why is there a pre-registration service fee?
- Do I have to pick up my badge on Friday? Can I do it on a different day?
- Why do you only accept cash at the door?
- What if I prefer a different name than what’s on my ID?
- Is there a group discount?
- What are your refund and transfer policies?
- How do I get a media pass?
- I submitted an application for something: when will you respond?
- When can I apply for Dealers Room or Artist Alley space?
- Do you accept submissions for maid cafes?
Costumes & Photos
- Can I wear this?
- Can I take photographs? Can I sell them? Can I set up a photo booth?
- Can I take official photos and give (or sell) them to you after the convention?
- If you have not yet claimed your account, visit the account center and click the “Claim My Account” link. Follow the prompt and check your email (including your spam folder) for the link to claim your account, then follow the instructions for “If you have already claimed your account.”
- If you have already claimed your account, visit the account center and log in. Use your account dashboard to edit your existing badge information. Be sure that the name of the person you put on the badge matches the one on their acceptable ID. The software does not automatically resend confirmation emails when you do this.
- If you would like to send the new person a confirmation email after completing the transfer, update the email address on their badge. Then visit the main registration page, click the “Resend Confirmation” link, enter their email address in the box, and click “Lookup & Resend.”
Artists: The application period for the Ohayocon 20 Artist Alley has passed. Applications for 2021 will be available Summer 2020. For more information, visit the Artist Alley page.
(Return to questions)
Costumes & Photos
We do not permit you to sell photographs, raw or edited, at or during Ohayocon. You risk forfeiting your admission if you do so. After the convention and off-premises, we do not care as long as you are not using our branding or image and you are not telling people that your photos are “official” or that you work(ed) for Ohayocon. You are permitted to make appointments in advance and charge for your service as long as the actual payment occurs off-premises and not during Ohayocon.
We prohibit you from setting up photo booths unless you have an agreement with us in advance, and we will likely refer you to our Dealers Room staff so you can negotiate purchasing vendor space. At-con photography is generally not considered for Artist Alley. If you have any questions about our policy, please send us an email.
- After the convention: we give all of our lost and found items to the Hyatt front desk. At this point, the Hyatt treats the items according to their own policies and procedures. You can call the Hyatt Regency Columbus front desk at 614-463-1234.
- During the convention: if someone finds something, we ask them to take it to the Ohayocon public safety office. In 2020, that was the Clark Room. It may be a different room this year (check your map). We store all lost and found belongings until the end of the convention, at which point we turn them over to the Hyatt front desk.
Unfortunately, emailing us is an ineffective way of finding your lost belongings, because all our customer service team can do is wish you luck and instruct you to either visit the Clark Room or call the Hyatt front desk. (Return to questions)