This policy replaces the July 29, 2017, Official Ohayocon Facebook Group Policies.
Statement of Values
Ohayocon is committed to diversity & inclusivity, participant safety, community building, spam limitation, and providing all-ages settings for creative expression. All users have the right to respectful, impartial treatment from all participants, including moderators and Ohayocon staff and volunteers. Participants in Ohayocon’s online groups will have a reasonable opportunity to provide feedback on rule changes, additions and deletions. We intend to moderate our social media platforms with a reasonable mix of active and by-report moderation, striving to meet evolving expectations of the community we serve.
The General Rules apply to all Ohayocon-affiliated online communities.
- All members of the public are welcome to participate regardless of whether they are or have been badgeholders. (Correlated values: diversity & inclusivity, community building)
- Harassment is not tolerated. Ohayocon’s general harassment policy is incorporated here and includes prohibitions on racist, sexist or otherwise disparaging or discriminatory expression. (Correlated values: diversity & inclusivity, participant safety, community building)
- Content depicting violence, sexuality, physically dangerous activity, illegal (in Ohio) drug use, or excessive drunkenness is not permitted. The moderators reserve the right to make specific exceptions on a case-by-case basis regarding recent events of great public importance. (Correlated values: participant safety, providing all-ages settings for creative expression)
- Exposing anyone’s private information (doxxing) is grounds for permanent access suspension (bans). (Correlated value: participant safety)
- Only specifically authorized businesses and organizations may post promotional material or solicitations for business. Ohayocon authorizes fully paid, current-year (March to March) Dealers Room and Artist Alley exhibitors to post occasional promotional material and solicitations. Without authorization, no one may write or display prices for products, services, admission or any other items. Ohayocon may offer separate media channels specifically for promotions and solicitations where otherwise prohibited material may be allowed. This rule is not meant to prevent members unaffiliated with a business from occasional, on-topic mentioning of specific things that have a cost (for example, a product used to address a specific circumstance being discussed). (Correlated value: spam limitation)
- Crowdfunding and other fundraising campaign promotions and solicitations are prohibited. The moderators reserve the right to make specific exceptions on a case-by-case basis regarding recent events of great public importance. (Correlated value: spam limitation)
- Ohayocon may take action against those who break any of these rules, including but not limited to warnings, post or comment deletions, and temporary or permanent access suspensions. (Correlated value: participant safety)
- Circumventing or defeating a moderation action by any means is grounds for banning. (Correlated values: participant safety, community building)
Additional Facebook-specific Rules
- Facebook’s Community Guidelines and Terms of Service take precedence in conflicts with Ohayocon’s rules.
- Nonmembers who wish to access the Official Ohayocon Facebook Group must answer screening questions affirming they have read and understand the rules and they are not joining with the intent of promoting or soliciting business in violation of the General Rules. (Correlated values: participant safety, spam limitation)
Additional Discord-specific Rules
- Discord’s Terms of Service take precedence in conflicts with Ohayocon’s rules.
- Members should strive to use the most relevant channels for the topics of their conversations. The moderators reserve the right to require members to move conversations to more appropriate channels. (Correlated value: spam limitation)
- Some channels may be designated for the purpose of direct communication between Ohayocon staff and customers. Ohayocon may restrict responses from non-staff in such channels.