The panel application for Ohayocon 22 will be available in Fall 2021. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Share your passion!
Are you an expert geek? A notorious nerd? You can shine at Ohayocon! We depend on volunteer panelists to discuss anime- and geek-related topics and be the first source of entertainment our attendees turn to. We’re looking for the best in local panelists and can’t wait to see what you have to offer.
What are Ohayocon attendees interested in?
Ohayogoers come in all interests and passions and our panel variety aims to please! Surveys and feedback tell us that entertainment panels should make their sides split, educational panels should dive deep and explore advanced subjects, fandom panels should encourage discussion, and all panels should be interactive and fun. We welcome both Eastern and Western subjects, but anime, gaming, and Japanese culture will always be at the heart of our schedule.
What subjects are Ohayocon looking for?
For 2020, we’re hoping to see more specific subjects in our applications:
- Isekai (this year’s theme) – Traveling to other worlds unexpectedly is a mainstay trope of Anime, and it seems that our own con was transported to the E-Realms. There’s plenty of content to be had in this theme, so get creative!
- Digital Entertainment – Technology is something that creates many ideas, stories, and musings. Talk to us about how the digital realm has shaped the world of Anime and Culture Studies.
- Japanese History & Culture – Modern or classic, we want more panels about this beloved island nation
- Streaming Party – This time has given us methods to interact with people in ways we never imagined! Keep it relevant to the con, but there’s no reason we can’t use games to help us enjoy our passions!
- Advanced Education – Informational panels should dig deep or explore specific subjects inside the fandom.
- Recent Anime – less than 5 years old – There’s not nearly enough love for newer anime, please love it more!
These are not the only panel subjects we’re accepting of course, but panels with these subjects are requested and not submitted often enough. Please submit whatever subjects you love and are close to your heart!
What’s the application process like?
After submitting your application to us, submissions will close October 31st. The panel team will send out confirmation emails before November 16th and at that point, we can start the scheduling process.
Compensation for 2021!
Due to the online events and the volunteer status of the con, we will not be offering compensation for paneling this year. Without a main convention, we are working on trying to give as much free to our attendees as possible.
What should panelists expect at the con?
Accepted panelists will receive specific details about panelist check-in before the con, and you will have to let us know that you are online via Discord at least 1 hour before each panel. You are responsible for your own technology needs. You will log into the voice chat room assigned to you before your panel, so you can test anything you need to before your panel. We will have a staff member in each chat room to assist, as well as to moderate the room.
What are Featured Panelists?
Every year, we reach out to exceptional panelists with proven performance at our or other conventions and ask for specific content in exchange for comped badges, advanced promotion, preferred scheduling, and other perks only they will find out about. Wow the audience, impress the staff, and you might get an invite for the following year.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.