Join a family of friends and put on an unforgettable show!
Each year Ohayocon puts on an event that delights thousands and thousands of anime, gaming, and Japanese pop culture fans. With concerts, dances, and competitions, we’re so much more than just another anime convention—and we’re looking for dedicated people to help make it happen!
Becoming a volunteer staff member is great for everyone, from the con veteran who wants to see what things are like from another point of view to someone who’s never been but wants an excuse to see what all the fuss is about. On top of that, there are great perks!
- be at least 18 years old
- have adequate work experience in customer service, retail, hospitality, corporate or other relevant fields
- staffing experience at other conventions is an added bonus
- be able to travel to and from Ohayocon independently
- pass a background check
If you don’t quite meet the qualifications, we’d still love to have you in the Kohai program. We’ve partnered with bored parents and those too young for staff—there’s something for everyone!
Good qualities to have:
- humility, warmth, optimism, and the desire to be successful
- insatiable initiative
- strong ability to identify and solve problems
- a level head under pressure
- fluency in more than one language (ASL definitely counts)
- Ten meals, including two staff banquets
- Exclusive meet-and-greets with the guests and an all-staff autograph session
- Three nights in a nice hotel room shared with other staffers (with 25 scheduled hours)
- A weekend badge to enjoy when you’re off the clock
- An exclusive convention staff T-shirt
- Exclusive staff-only hours in the Dealers Room so you can browse without the crowds
- Opportunities to have a real say in how Ohayocon comes together through promotion based on experience and seniority
Non-leadership staff members must complete a certain number of hours in order to remain in good standing. Typically, the quota is 25 hours. However, if you do not need a space in a hotel guest room provided by Ohayocon, you may choose a 15-hour quota instead.