Join a family of friends and put on an unforgettable show!
Each year Ohayocon puts on an event that delights thousands and thousands of anime, gaming, and Japanese pop culture fans. With concerts, dances, and competitions, we’re so much more than just another anime convention–and we’re looking for dedicated people to help make it happen for 2022!
Becoming a volunteer staff member is great for everyone, from the con veteran who wants to see what things are like from another point of view to someone who’s never been but has always wanted an excuse to see what all the fuss is about. On top of that, there are great perks!
- be at least 18 years old
- have adequate work experience in customer service, retail, hospitality, corporate or other relevant fields
- staffing experience at other conventions is an added bonus
- be able to travel to and from Ohayocon independently
- pass a background check
Good qualities to have:
- humility, warmth, optimism, and the desire to be successful
- insatiable initiative
- strong ability to identify and solve problems
- a level head under pressure
- fluency in more than one language (ASL definitely counts)
- Ten meals, including two major staff dinners and a Sunday Smorgasbord
- Exclusive meet-and-greets with the guests and an all staff autograph session
- Three nights in a nice hotel room shared with other staffers
- A weekend badge to enjoy when you’re off the clock
- An exclusive convention staff T-shirt
- Exclusive staff-only hours in the Dealers Room so you can browse without the crowds
- Opportunities to have a real say in how Ohayocon comes together through promotion based on experience and seniority
Don’t need that hotel room? Trade it back for even more free time to enjoy the con, knocking your 25 hours down to 15!
Ready to apply?
The New Staff Application for Ohayocon 22 will be available Summer 2021.