Hiya! Just wanted to send out a quick update. We do have the dates for 2021! They are Jan. 14-17, 2021, at the usual place. There isn’t much we can say right now, but we are watching the COVID-19 news this year. As of today, we plan to hold Ohayocon 21 as scheduled. We’ll have an official marketing release about it, including the unveiling of the theme, soon. Until then, see you!
Hi there! It’s Oct. 1, only about three months until Ohayocon 20, and we want to let you know what’s happening. Here’s some news:
- Our $50 pre-registered weekend badge deal ends Oct. 19, 2019, after which the price jumps up to $55 (plus the service fee). If you haven’t registered, take advantage of this opportunity and register by Oct. 19!
- Panelists, the deadline for submissions is Oct. 31, 2019. No exceptions! Read all the details and apply within.
- The Cosplay Expo Craftsmanship, Performance, and Judge applications are available now and due Dec. 31, 2019 for priority consideration. You can also reminisce about last year’s winners.
- If you want to be a cosplay photoshoot captain, be sure to apply by Nov. 30, 2019!
- Want to take on Ohio’s best PC gamers? Tournament signups are available now! We’re offering: League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics (one of the first Teamfight Tactics tournaments in the history of anime conventions), Overwatch, and CS:GO! The registration deadline is Oct. 31, 2019, so sign up today! (We’re still working on our console tournament offerings.)
- DMs, submit your Game Event Application and join the fun!
- We’ve updated the Indie Gaming Showcase page so you can see all the exciting new (and returning!) independently designed games we’re featuring this Ohayocon.
- We have already announced some special guests for the Fan Guests, Voice Actors, and Industry Speakers categories. These are not all of them, of course, so be sure you’re subscribed to our Facebook and Twitter feeds, as well as our email update list (sign up below or to the left, depending on where you’re reading this).
- Our new staff application is still available, as is the Kohai Program application, if you want to join us. The new staff application is due Oct. 15, 2019 for priority consideration; there is no deadline for the Kohai Program application.
- On that note, we want to announce a new, shorter staff service-hour quota option: for only 15 hours of scheduled work (compared to the standard 25), you will receive every benefit offered to staff except for lodging. If you’re in the Columbus area, or already have a room with your friends, this is a great way to help and still have plenty of time to enjoy your favorite Ohayocon activities! Let’s work together.
And that’s it! We invite you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date on all things Ohayocon. We also have an email update list: sign up below or to the left (depending on where you’re reading this). As always, you can browse our Frequently Asked Questions page and access our contact form from there. See you soon!
Weekend Badges for Ohayocon 20 are just $45 now, but you have to pre-register by Sept. 19! After that, the price jumps to $50. This is the best deal we offer for a weekend full of entertaining contests, games, panels, anime screenings, and so much more. Visit our registration page and get your badge, and we’ll see you in January!
Finally, the wait is over! The Ohayocon 20 Artist Alley application is available. All the information you need is available on the Artist Alley page. Not sure if Ohayocon Artist Alley is right for you? If you make your own products with your own IP, then you are likely eligible to apply for space in our annual nerdy art fair. These spaces cost less than Dealers Room spaces, and retail is prohibited so you won’t have to compete with commercial dealers right next to you. (The full rules are written in the application, accessible via the Artist Alley page.)
The deadline is Aug. 31, 2019 with no exceptions, so go apply!
Want to join an awesome fam and help make Ohayocon happen? The New Staff Application is now available! You can read the qualifications and benefits on our Staff page, and then apply from there. If you have any questions, please contact us. We’re committed to accessibility and inclusivity, and there’s free food, so what are you waiting for? Apply now!
Another Ohayocon has come and gone — thank you so much! We couldn’t do it without your support each year.
Did you know you can win a free badge to Ohayocon 20? Just fill out our feedback survey by Jan. 23, 2019 and be entered in the drawing!
We miss you already, and we can’t wait to see you next year!
There are many ways to get to know Ohayocon 19! Visit our schedule page to learn when events are, download the official app or view the online version (the code is “CAMPOHAYO”), and download a PDF of the program guide to keep all the information about Ohayocon 19 wherever you need it! As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. See you soon!
You spoke, we listened! You want to see original characters and designs, gijinka, lolitas, and furries, etc. in an official contest. We want to see your creativity and talent in a whole new light, so we are opening submissions for our all-styles fashion show! Create an outfit inspired by anime, manga, video games, movies, pop culture, fan art, or something completely original.
You may compete with an outfit which you made, and it doesn’t matter whether it’s an original character or one already existing in any medium. We want you to be as creative as possible!
Information and the registration form are available via https://goo.gl/forms/QcV3ZxEAPKzQWCmm1. Good luck!